The following vulnerabilities are fixed with an upgrade: - https://snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JAVA-ORGSPRINGFRAMEWORK-3369852 - https://snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JAVA-ORGSPRINGFRAMEWORKSECURITY-5905484
Simple Java Boards
Simple forum engine written in Java.
- Top-level categories;
- Boards (forums) inside categories with unlimited nesting support;
- Topics inside boards and posts inside topics;
- Pagination support for topics and posts;
- Attachments support;
- Simple image attachments gallery for post;
Users & roles system
- Users list with pagination;
- User groups support;
- Different customizable permissions for groups;
- User profile with avatar support;
- User registration with email activation;
- Password reset with optional secret question check;
- Mobile support (320x480 and up);
- Firefox, Chrome, IE10+ capable;
- Full conversation in-place editing support;
- Categories, Boards (Forums), Topics, Posts CRUD;
- Profile editing support, include secured password changing and secret answer/question changing;
- Spring MVC;
- JPA (Hibernate);
- Spring Security;
Frontend uses server-side rendering.
Build & Devops
- maven-cargo-plugin for fast deployment and run;
- Prepare Postgresql database server, ensure it is up and running;
- Create Postgresql database and user with full permissions on this database;
sjb is used in configuration as a user name, password and database name.
You can change this values in
resources/properties/database.properties on your own.
Test environment has its own
You have to setup mail host, port, user and password in
to user registration work.
files.upload.storage.path parameter in
application.properties sets absolute path for uploads.
It have to be set to existing directory with rwx access to user who runs app.
log.full.path parameter inside
logback-test.xml sets up path where app writes logs.
These parameters have to be set to existing directory with rwx access to user who runs app.
Build & Run
Java 11 required for this operations.
$ git clone https://github.com/beljaeff/simple-java-boards.git $ cd simple-java-boards $ mvn clean install cargo:run
After that you can open
http://localhost:9090/ in your browser and work with forum.
Default administrator account have login
Admin and password
To avoid running tests use
-Dmaven.test.skip=true parameter when call
If you want disable automatic liquibase execution during build you can add parameter
-Dliquibase.should.run=false when call
- Different moderating levels (global moderators, board moderators, topic moderators);
- Private messages;
- Social integration;
- Karma support;
- Private boards;
- Themes support;
- Permission management;
- ... and many more :)